C. Andrew Childers
Andy is a founding partner of the firm Childers, Schlueter & Smith, LLC. Andy was born in South Carolina, raised in Maryland just outside of Washington, D.C., and has lived in Georgia since 1995. He graduated from Clemson University in 1995, and went on to get his law degree from the University of Georgia in 1998. While in law school, Andy’s mock trial team won the National ATLA Student Trial Advocacy Competition, beating out more than 150 teams from law schools all over the country. He was also a member of the Lumpkin Inn of Court and the Order of Barristers. Andy is admitted to practice law in the States of Georgia, Florida, and Pennsylvania.
Selected by his fellow peers in 2007, 2009, and 2011, Andy was the only Georgia plaintiff’s mass tort attorney selected as a Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star in the category of Class Actions/Mass Torts. He is an active member of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, having served as Chairman of the Communications Committee for two years, Chairman of the Education Committee, and as a member and Executive Member of the Civil Justice PAC. Andy also serves as a frequent guest lecturer for graduate level classes at the Rollins School of Public Health at Emory University on the topic of “Litigation as a Health Policy Tool”.
While Childers, Schlueter & Smith exclusively represents injury victims of all sorts, Andy concentrates his practice on the representation of individuals harmed by pharmaceutical products, food products, and other defective products, primarily in mass tort settings. Over the course of his career, Andy has represented tens of thousands of victims from all over the United States who have been injured by products such as: DePuy ASR hip implants; Fen Phen (Pondimin and Redux); Dilantin; Bextra; Celebrex; Vioxx; Phenytoin; Reglan, Metoclopramide; Fosamax; Yaz and Yasmin; Renu with MoistureLoc; Ethex/K-V Morphine; Topamax; Total Body Formula; Yamaha Rhino UTV’s; Baycol; Rezulin; Trasylol; Guidant defibrillators; Icy Hot patches; Kugel Mesh; Lotronex; Zyprexa; Ortho Evra; PPA; and many others. He has obtained settlements for his clients in excess of One Hundred Fifty Million Dollars ($150,000,00.00), and continues to fight for the rights of individuals injured through no fault of their own.
In May of 2010, Andy was on the trial team that obtained the only plaintiff’s verdict in the country against Yamaha for injuries caused by a rollover in a Rhino UTV.
Andy has been appointed to the Plaintiff’s Steering Committee for MDL 2016 (In Re: Yamaha Motor Corp. Rhino ATV Products Liability Litigation), as well as the Discovery Committee for MDL 1657 (In Re: Vioxx Products Liability Litigation).
Andy currently represents individuals suffering from injuries as a result of DePuy ASR hip implants; individuals suffering from Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (SJS) and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (TEN) as a result of their ingestion of a variety of pharmaceutical products, including Dilantin (phenytoin), Celebrex, and Bextra; individuals suffering from Tardive Dyskinesia (TD) as a result of their ingestion of Reglan (metoclopramide); individuals suffering from Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (PPH) as a result of their ingestion of diet drugs (Pondimin and Redux); individuals suffering from Salmonella, e-coli, and other foodborne illnesses; individuals suffering injuries as a result of their ingestion of nutraceuticals; and numerous individuals suffering injuries as a result of their ingestion or use of other dangerous and defective products.
Andy and his wife and two daughters live in Decatur, Georgia.
- Clemson University, B.A.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D.
- Georgia Super Lawyer - Class Actions/Mass Torts (2014)
- Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star - Class Actions/Mass Torts (2007, 2009, 2011-2013)
- Top 100 Lawyer in Georgia, National Trial Lawyers Association (2011-2014)
- Top 40 Lawyers Under 40 in Georgia National Trial Lawyers Association (2011-2013)
- 40 Under Forty, The University of Georgia
- Chairman – Communications Committee for the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Chairman – Education Committee for the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Ex-Officio Member of the Executive Committee of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA)
- Member of the Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the Mass Tort Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the Dekalb Bar Association
- Member of the Dekalb Trial Lawyers Section of the Dekalb Bar Association
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- Frequent guest lecturer for graduate level classes at the Rollins School of Public Health at Emory University
- Emcee of the semi-annual Mass Torts Made Perfect Seminar
- Frequent Presenter at the semi-annual Mass Torts Made Perfect Seminar
- Frequent presenter on pharmaceutical and other mass tort litigation at local, state-wide and nationwide continuing legal education seminars
Contact Andy via e-mail at email@example.com.