Richard R. Schlueter
Richard Schlueter has spent his career representing individuals and families who have been harmed as the result of wrongful conduct by others.
He regularly practices in both State and Federal Courts and has worked as a local counselor for out of state firms in the pursuit of justice for similarly situated clients in product liability, medical malpractice and personal injury claims. Further, he has been admitted pro hac vice in many states in pursuing client’s claims in many other jurisdictions in the United States and in pursuing claims against corporate defendants outside of the United States. Richard Schlueter, further, has testified before Congress in a four party panel to bring greater accountability to foreign manufacturers for harm caused to U. S. consumers in the proposed bill “Protecting Americans From Unsafe Foreign Products Act.”
Since 2010 he has represented hundreds of individuals across the United States who have been injured by metal-on-metal hip implant products, including: DePuy ASR; DePuy Pinnacle with Ultamet liners; Biomet Magnum M2a and Magnum M2a Taper; Stryker Rejuvenate/ABG II Modular-Neck; Zimmer Durom Cup; Wright Profemur Modular Neck; Wright Conserve Hip Implants; and Wright Dynasty Acetabular Cup.
He has served in leadership roles in nationwide product liability litigations including the appointment to the Plaintiff’s Steering Committee ( PSC) concerning the Stryker Rejuvenate and ABG II consolidated MDL by U.S. District Judge Donovan W. Frank. He has also served in his role on the Stryker PSC on the Experts/Science and Written Discovery Committees.
Over the last 20 years he has Represented thousands of individuals across the United States who have been injured by Fen Phen (Pondimin and Redux); Dilantin; Bextra; Celebrex; Vioxx; Phenytoin; Reglan, Metoclopramide; Fosamax; Yaz and Yasmin; Renu with MoistureLoc; Ethex/K-V Morphine; Topamax; Total Body Formula; Yamaha Rhino UTV’s; Baycol; Rezulin; Trasylol; Guidant defibrillators; Icy Hot patches; Kugel Mesh; Lotronex; Zyprexa; Ortho Evra; PPA; Transvaginal Mesh products, Byetta, Januvia, NuvaRing, and others.
During his career he has tried to verdict in excess of thirty (30) trials in both State and Federal court including: wrongful death, automobile claims, fiduciary claims, premises liability claims, insurance coverage disputes, medical malpractice and Workers Compensation matters. He has mediated 100+ individual claims and negotiated in excess of a 1000+ successful settlements in both open and confidential agreed resolutions.
Richard Schlueter has consistently devoted a portion of his time to assist the indigent and in other pro bono matters in providing counselor representation involving meritorious and worthy issues to individuals who otherwise could not afford their representation. He has participated in various volunteer programs including the Truancy Intervention Project and has received awards from the State Bar of Georgia for “Outstanding Public Service in Providing Legal Representation to the Low Income Citizens of Georgia.”
Richard Schlueter lives with his wife and three children in Peachtree Corners.
- Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta, GeorgiaJuris Doctor, May 1993
- Emory University, Atlanta, GeorgiaBachelor of Arts, Political Science (Psychology Minor), May 1990
- Oxford College of Emory UniversityAssociate of Arts, May 1988
- Member in good standing of the State Bar of Georgia
- Member in good standing of the State Bar of Pennsylvania
- Admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Admitted to the United States District Court For the Northern District of Georgia
- Admitted to the United States District Court For the Middle District of Georgia
- Member of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA)
- Member of the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the Mass Tort Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the North Metro Atlanta Bar Association
- Member of the Trial Lawyers Section of the DeKalb Bar Association
Contact Richard via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org