Richard R. Schlueter
Richard Schlueter has spent his career representing individuals and families who have been harmed as the result of wrongful conduct by others.
He regularly practices in both state and federal courts and has worked as a local counselor for out-of-state firms in the pursuit of justice for clients in product liability, medical malpractice and personal injury claims. Further, he has been admitted pro hac vice in many states to pursue client’s claims in other jurisdictions, as well as pursue claims against corporate defendants outside of the U.S.
Additionally, he has testified before Congress to bring greater accountability to foreign manufacturers for harm caused to U. S. consumers in the proposed bill “Protecting Americans From Unsafe Foreign Products Act.”
Since 2010, he has represented hundreds of individuals across the U.S. who have been injured by metal-on-metal hip implant products, including products sold by Depuy, Wright, Biomet and Stryker. He has served in leadership roles in nationwide product liability litigations, including the appointment to the Plaintiff’s Steering Committee for the Stryker Rejuvenate and ABG II multi-district litigation.
Over the last 20 years, he has represented thousands of individuals nationwide who have been the victims of pharmaceutical drugs and medical devices, including Yaz and Yasmin, Januvia, NuvaRing, Dilantin, Topamax and many more.
During his career, he has tried to verdict in more than 30 trials in both state and federal courts, including wrongful death, automobile claims, insurance coverage disputes, medical malpractice and workers’ compensation matters. He has mediated at least 100 individual claims and negotiated more than 1,000 successful settlements in both open and confidential agreed resolutions.
Richard Schlueter has consistently devoted a portion of his time to assist the indigent and in other pro bono matters to provide representation to individuals who otherwise could not afford legal services. He has participated in various volunteer programs including the Truancy Intervention Project and has received awards from the State Bar of Georgia for “Outstanding Public Service in Providing Legal Representation to the Low Income Citizens of Georgia.”
Richard Schlueter lives with his wife and three children in Brookhaven.
- Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta Juris Doctor, May 1993
- Emory University, Atlanta Bachelor of Arts, Political Science (Psychology minor), May 1990
- Oxford College of Emory University Associate of Arts, May 1988
- Member in good standing of the State Bar of Georgia
- Member in good standing of the State Bar of Pennsylvania
- Admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Admitted to the United States District Court For the Northern District of Georgia
- Admitted to the United States District Court For the Middle District of Georgia
- Member of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA)
- Member of the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of The American Society of Legal Advocates
- Member of the Mass Tort Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the North Metro Atlanta Bar Association
- Member of the Trial Lawyers Section of the DeKalb Bar Association
Recent Awards and Honors:
- Top 100 Lawyer in Georgia, National Trial Lawyers Association
- Top 100 Lawyer in Georgia, The American Society of Legal Advocates
Contact Richard via e-mail at email@example.com