Polk County Officer, Ginger Theroit called Polk County Emergency 911 this past Monday around five p.m. as she suffered injuries from a two vehicle accident she was involved in. The accident was on Prospect Road near Bellview Road, according to Examiner.com.
Apparently, Officer Theroit was on her way to respond to a call on Maple Street when this accident occurred. On the dispatch 911 call, Officer Theroit sounded upset and jolted, as expected when involved in an accident. However, she was able to relay the information to the Polk County 911 and told them to send EMS to her location.
The accident involved Officer Theroit’s police cruiser and a twenty thousand pound equipment work truck. Both vehicles collided head on. The name of the truck driver has not been released as of yet.
911 dispatch did ask Officer Theroit if she was code four and she responded, “I wouldn’t call it code four, but I’m still with you.” Georgia State Patrol and Rockmart Rescue & EMS Station Five were dispatched to this area.
The Officer’s patrol car suffered extensive damage. The driver of the truck had lacerations and neck and back pain. Officer Theroit sustained lacerations on her arm.
Right now, there is no information as to whether charges will be filed.
Do you know what do to if you are in a car accident?
There are several things you should do if you are in a car accident:
- First and foremost, if anyone needs emergency medical attention, call 911.
- Call the police. When the officer arrives, he/she will know exactly what to do. They will gather information from all the drivers involved and witnesses.
- Do not forget to gather the other driver’s information yourself, including contact information, VIN numbers, license plate number, and insurance information.
- It is also highly recommended that if you have a camera, you should take pictures of the accident scene and of the cars involved. Take pictures of skid marks and any other part of the accident scene. You also want to take pictures of bruises or marks that were a result of the car accident.
- If you have an injury from the car accident, you should see a doctor. Car accidents can result in extremely serious injuries. Some injuries do not become apparent until afterwards. This is why it is crucial to seek a medical exam after an injury from a car accident, no matter how small.
- Do not admit fault. In some circumstances, you may be tempted to admit fault without knowing all the facts surrounding the accident.
- Do not sign any papers without understanding what you are signing.
- When talking to insurance companies, use caution. They are trained professionals and are not working for you. You may want to contact our Georgia Accident Lawyers to help protect your interests, especially when insurance companies may be unfair or unreasonable.
- Make sure to obtain and save all your receipts from the expenses you incurred as a result of the car accident.
10. Do not discuss the case with anyone except your doctor or your lawyer.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Georgia Accident Lawyers to see how they can help.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, you may want to contact our Georgia Accident Lawyers to see how we can help adequately protect your legal interests. We work tirelessly for our clients to not only maximize their claim, but to also help them put their lives back together.