Recently around 6:30 am on a Monday, a mother and son were stopped at a light on Jonesboro Road at Southlake Plaza Drive, near I-75 when an SUV hit their Mercury Sable from behind. The driver of the SUV didn’t stop and continued driving southbound, according to Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
As a result of this car collision, the young boy in the backseat of the Mercury was rendered unconscious. When paramedics arrived, he was taken to Southern Regional Medical Center. He was then airlifted to Children’s at Egleston due to his critical condition.
The driver of the SUV was driving a dark-colored 1997 Lexus LX 450 that had “extreme front-end damage.” Police spent most of the day Sunday looking at tow yards, body shops and wrecker companies searching for this type of car and the tag number that was reported.
They eventually found the car at a home in 6400 block of Boca Grand parkway. Police believe that Alvelaro Franquez was the driver of the car that fled the scene. He is beleived to be an employee of Cobb County roofing company, F & F Roofing.
Police are continuing to investigate this hit and run car accident and trying to reconstruct the wreck. The young boy’s mother, Latarsha Jagne, was treated and released from Southern Regional Medical Center.
Our thoughts are with this young man and his family for fast recovery with these injuries.
If you have any information concerning this hit and run accident you are encouraged to contact the Police about it. The investigation regarding Alvelaro Franquez is ongoing.
If you have been injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation. There are several types of damages that are recoverable from car accidents including, but not limited to, the reimbursement for medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages and in some cases like this one punitive (punishment) damages. If you have questions, please contact our Georgia Accident Lawyers for more information and to help you protect your interests and legal rights.
There are several things you should do if you are in a car accident:
- First and foremost, if anyone needs emergency medical attention, call 911.
- Call the police. When the officer arrives, he/she will know exactly what to do. They will gather information from all the drivers involved and witnesses.
- Do not forget to gather the other driver’s information yourself, including contact information, VIN numbers, license plate number, and insurance information.
- It is also highly recommended that if you have a camera, you should take pictures of the accident scene and of the cars involved. Take pictures of skid marks and any other part of the accident scene. You also want to take pictures of bruises or marks that were a result of the car accident.
- If you have an injury from the car accident, you should see a doctor or go to the hospital. Car accidents can result in extremely serious injuries. Some injuries do not become apparent until afterwards. This is why it is crucial to seek a medical exam after an injury from a car accident, no matter how small.
- Do not admit fault. In some circumstances, you may be tempted to admit fault without knowing all the facts surrounding the accident.
- Do not sign any papers without understanding what you are signing.
- When talking to insurance companies, use caution. They are trained professionals and are not working for you. You may want to contact our Georgia Accident Lawyers to help protect your interests, especially when insurance companies may be unfair or unreasonable.
- Make sure to obtain and save all your receipts from the expenses you incurred as a result of the car accident.
- Do not discuss the case with anyone except your doctor or your lawyer.